Powerline Technician – Apprentice
We are hiring full time Powerline Technician Apprentice to join our growing company. If you value safety and enjoy working in a team environment, we invite you to apply to the opening.
About Hyline Utility Solutions
Hyline is a diversified electrical utility contractor that offers a wide range of services in both overheard and underground. While we are based in Strathroy, Ontario we work for many utilities spread across Southern Ontario completing a variety of work including overhead/underground rebuilds, road widening projects and pole replacements. We pride ourselves in our highly skilled workforce and well-maintained equipment. Our customer relationships are built and maintained through safety, quality workmanship, training, and service.
- Install, repair, troubleshoot and maintain electrical distribution including overhead and underground power lines and cables, insulators, conductors, lightning arrestors, switches, transformers, and other associated equipment
- Perform line maintenance in a safe and efficient manner utilizing de-energized, rubber glove and hot stick work procedures
- Erect and maintain steel, wood or concrete poles, towers, and guy wires
- Read and interpret blueprints or process specifications
- Perform live overhead tension stringing and underground cable pulling
- Inspect and test overhead and underground power lines, cables and auxiliary equipment using electrical test equipment
- Safely operate heavy duty utility equipment including Radial Boom Digger Derrick, Bucket Trucks, and related equipment as required
- Maintain excellent customer relations with utilities and the public
- Adhering to OHSA is high priority while maintaining personal and group safety at all times
- Ability to work effectively in a team and actively participate in crew tasks
- Understand and complete switching orders both self administered and with control room
- Must be comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces
- Physically demanding job tasks in challenging work conditions
- Assist our partner companies with substation and private pole line work
Education & Experience
- Related work experience such as Arborist, Equipment operator, Electrician, etc.
- Diploma or certificate in a Powerline technician program would be an asset
- Must possess a clean driving record with a minimum DZ driver’s licence with preference given to candidates with AZR or AZ drivers licence.
The successful candidates will work in crews of 2-7 often traveling throughout Southern Ontario on a Monday-Thursday work schedule. Scheduled overtime is available as well as responding to outages due to inclement weather.
Powerline Technician wage is $44.90 per hour plus benefits and 5% / 5% RRSP matching plan. Apprentice wage is a percentage based off the Powerline Technician rate.
Please send us your cover letter and resume via the Indeed job posting or through the website link below
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.