THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST
IN BECOMING A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM
current job postings
JOURNEYMAN POWERLINE TECHNICIAN
We are hiring full time Powerline Technician’s to join our growing company. If you value safety and enjoy working in team environment, we invite you to apply to the openings.
About Hyline Utility Solutions
Hyline is a diversified electrical utility contractor that offers a wide range of services in both overheard and underground. We work for many utilities spread across Southern Ontario completing a variety of work including overhead/underground rebuilds, road widening projects and pole replacements. We pride ourselves in our highly skilled workforce and well-maintained equipment. Our customer relationships are built and maintained through safety, quality workmanship, training and service.
- Install, repair, troubleshoot and maintain electrical distribution including overhead and underground power lines and cables, insulators, conductors, lightning arrestors, switches, transformers, and other associated equipment
- Perform line maintenance in a safe and efficient manner utilizing de-energized, rubber glove and hot stick work procedures
- Erect and maintain steel, wood or concrete poles, towers, and guy wires
- Read and interpret blueprints or process specifications
- Perform live overhead tension stringing and underground cable pulling
- Inspect and test overhead and underground power lines, cables and auxiliary equipment using electrical test equipment
- Safely operate heavy duty utility equipment including Radial Boom Digger Derrick, Bucket Trucks, and related equipment as required
- Maintain excellent customer relations with utilities and the public
- Adhering to OHSA is high priority while maintaining personal and group safety at all times
- Ability to work effectively in a team and actively participate in crew tasks
- Understand and complete switching orders both self administered and with control room
- Must be comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces
- Physically demanding job tasks in challenging work conditions
Education & Experience
- Red Seal Powerline Technician diploma
- Experience in rubber glove work up to 27.6kv is an asset
- Must possess a clean driving record with a minimum DZ driver’s licence with preference given to candidates with AZR or AZ drivers licence.
The successful candidates will work in crews of 2-7 often traveling throughout Southern Ontario on a Monday-Thursday work schedule. Scheduled overtime is available as well as responding to outages due to inclement weather.
Powerline Technician wage is $47.15 per hour plus benefits and an RRSP matching plan that totals 10%.
Look us up at www.hylineutility.ca
Please respond to Indeed with a detailed cover letter and resume.